DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC WORKS
Metlakatla Governing Council is looking for a Director of Public Works responsible for the overall administration and co-ordination of the Public Works department and its personnel. The successful candidate will be a Civil Engineering Technologist with several years’ experience, or related qualifications and experience in a similar public works operation.
The Director of Public Works should possess the following key qualifications:
- A degree or diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent with several years progressively responsible municipal operations or project management experience;
- Eligible for certification as a C.E.T or R.E.T with the BC Society of Engineering Technologists and / or Certified Public Works Supervisor designation and / or Water and Wastewater Operator License;
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills including proven experience in research, policy development and writing of effective reports;
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals;
- Able to function in a computerized environment. Proficiency in MS Office;
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
Salary: Negotiated based on experience and education. A comprehensive compensation package is offered for this position.
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to:
Gordon Tomlinson, Executive Director
Metlakatla Governing Council
PO Box 459 Prince Rupert BC V8J 3R2
Email: [email protected]