Clinical Counsellor, Mental Health and Wellness (Hub)
The Clinical Counsellor works in a capacity building (Hub) setting and is a valuable partner to all communities of the Vancouver Island Region of the First Nations Health Authority.
The role provides advanced level expertise in community-based clinical services specific to mental health and wellness with communities from across the Vancouver Island Region. As a valued part of the Hub based teamlet, this position provides mental wellness consultation services for communities, health staff, and the mobile outreach team. The Clinical Counsellor practices from an Indigenous worldview that recognizes and respects the values, beliefs and customs of individuals, families and communities as well as adhering to best practices current to the field. This role, as part of the Hub based capacity building teams, brings a culturally safe mental health perspective the consultation, program development and implementation through working closely with other team members of the Hub team.
• A Master’s degree in Psychology, Counselling, or related professional qualifications with a specialization in mental health, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Up to date registration and in good standing with professional regulatory body (i.e. BC Association of Clinical Counsellors)
• Advanced training in threat/risk assessment and/or trauma response an asset
• Workshop and/or curriculum development experience an asset
• Current valid Class 5 B.C. driver’s license and willingness to submit a drivers abstract
• 5 to 7 years of experience working with complex social systems or an equivalent combination of experience and education
• Experience working with First Nations people and communities
Please note that only those applicants shortlisted will be contacted. If you do not hear from us about this position, please accept our sincere appreciation for your interest in FNHA!
For more information about us, please visit: www.fnha.ca/about/work-with-us