Deadline: April 16, 2021
Squiala Holdings Limited Partnership (SHLP) is a wholly owned entity of the Squiala First Nation (SFN), located in Chilliwack, B.C. SHLP is responsible to lead economic development ventures of the Nation and at this time, we are looking for Directors to lead and oversee SHLP in alignment with the Nation’s governance objectives and commitment to its Members. We are now in the process of reorganizing the SHLP structure and are looking for individuals to serve as Directors that can commit between two to three years in this capacity.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities of SHLP Directors are to:
· Establish the vision, mission, goals, and policies of SHLP consistent with objectives, laws, and requirements of SFN;
· Develop a long-range plan and strategy for SHLP along with timeframes to achieve goals;
· Ensure the long-term financial and organizational stability of SHLP;
· Hire, develop, and oversee executive management by approving annual plans, reviewing operational and financial results, auditing for compliance with internal policies and external requirements, and reporting operational and financial performance against SHLP goals; and
· Meet approximately six to eight times per year to oversee management and provide support where necessary.
Skills, Experience, and Personal Qualities of Directors sought:
· Government relations experience, legal experience, and / or business experience in accounting, finance, strategy, human resources, and / or marketing;
· Knowledge of, and experience in one or more of the following sectors: commercial development, construction, energy, forestry, or retail;
· A strong ability to understand financial and non-financial performance reports;
· Previous experience as a Director and / or experience in reporting to a Board of Directors;
· Experience in working with Indigenous communities and economic development;
· The willingness to devote time required to carry out Director duties and responsibilities;
· The ability to be impartial, trustworthy, respectful of confidentiality, and ability to avoid any conflicts of interest; and
· A positive attitude that promotes teamwork and values like that of the Squiala First Nation.
Directors will be paid an honorarium and reimbursed for travel expenses in support of Board meetings. Directors for this exciting initiative are being sought through a competitive, fair and transparent process. We thank all interested applicants in advance and look forward to sharing experiences with successful candidates.
Please email a resume and cover letter to Melanie Chester at firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject header “Squiala Holdings Limited Partnership Director Application” by 4:30pm on
Friday April 16, 2021.