Entrepreneurship Program Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Operational and administrative day-to-day coordination and assistance of the Entrepreneurship Program.
• Project management for development, execution, ongoing coordination, and administration of all initiatives under the Kanaka Bar Entrepreneurship Program
• Planning, execution and administrative support for launch, training module and individual mentoring segments of the 2022 program.
• Planning and coordination of meetings, events and program activities, including: with partners; promotions and advertising; schedules, instructor and training sessions, guests and speakers.
• Working with Project Team and marketing consultant and Engagement Coordinator, responsible for creating and implementing marketing and communications assets
• Delivers promotional presentations at meetings, keeps records of entrepreneurial successes and acts as a key resource as entrepreneurship and innovation is infused into the Kanaka Bar community. You will also be the “smiling face” of entrepreneurship information, support and assistance.
2. Fostering a strong partnership with relevant: partners (educational institutions, grant funding agencies, independent instructors, business mentors); Project Team members including a range of outside consultants; Kanaka Bar Engagement Coordinator; funding partners including but not limited to Kanaka Bar Trust administrators and banks.
3. Preparing reports for internal use and external funder and partner reporting requirements, including budgets and performance outcomes.
4. Preparing funding applications in consultation with Project Team for future initiatives and projects relating to Entrepreneurship for Kanaka Bar.
5. Providing support services and administrative duties as required.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in coordination and administration.
• Current knowledge of business-related software and technology.
• Customer service, communication or administrative experience
• Proficiency interacting with and using digital technologies. Internet, technology and social media savvy.
• Evidence of strong organization, interpersonal and communications skills, and working relationships with others,
both internal and external; demonstrated responsive and professional attitude.
• Able to take a project-based approach; independently plan, organize and prioritize and coordinate tasks to
achieve goals in a timely and efficient manner.
• Relationship building and networking skills.
• Excellent English verbal and writing skills.
• Self-motivated. Able to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team player.
• Proven ability to multitask and exhibit excellent attention to detail while consistently following established
procedures and processing transactions
• Able to demonstrate effective problem-solving.
• Proficient in general Office software: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.]
• Post-secondary education.
• a passion for helping others.
• Your background has been embedded in an entrepreneurial environment.
• An understanding of business plans, financials, documenting, reporting and analysis.
• Personal knowledge and understanding of the region, the community, and community partners.
• Experience in project coordination with proven organizational and analytical skills and the ability to deliver
programs on time and within budget.