A NEW AND EXCITING GAME!
East Side Games (in collaboration with external partners) is working with an exciting IP to create a fun Narrative Idle mobile game that celebrates drag culture. As the Lead Artist, you’ll work with the studio Art Director to build on and evolve the style of the game and manage the artistic direction. With a focus on inclusion and diversity as integral parts of drag, your input will help this game join the ranks of our other world-class IPs and faithfully represent QTBIPOC communities. We are a remote-first studio, and encourage applications from QTBIPOC folks, as they hold expertise through living at relevant intersections of the drag culture we seek to represent. At East Side Games, we value lived experience as a crucial tenet of expertise.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Work with the studio Art Director to set the artistic direction and establish the visual identity for this brand new mobile game based off of a popular TV show centred on drag culture
• Manage, mentor and support the Art team and outsource studios, both locally and internationally
• Create assets across the entire art pipeline, from pre-production through to global launch
• Optimize our pipeline tools in partnership with the Engineering team
• Utilizing Unity and the Adobe suite to design, build and animate optimized assets in varied styles in accordance with project specifications
• Research, analyze and report on trends in the Mobile game industry so we can provide the best user experience possible
• Collaborate with fellow team members; learning and contributing in community
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
• Working knowledge of Unity is essential. Bonus points for Spine!
• Production-level knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (especially Animate or Illustrator)
• A minimum of 3 years experience in Game Development, or related industries
• Prior experience managing and mentoring a team
• A portfolio of polished work that showcases vector examples, 2D/3D character animation and concept work that demonstrates your iterative approach to development
• Strategic time management skills and a commitment to executing tasks to completion
• Accessible communication skills, both written and orally
• Mobile, F2P, or idle game experience is a HUGE plus!
• You enjoy games, particularly mobile games. You are on top of the latest games, trends and what’s happening in live events
• Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly, but with intention
• Solution-oriented, self-motivated and diligent
• Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority
• Empathic, compassionate and curious
• Your values are governed by justice, equity, diversity and inclusion
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – proudly built in beautiful BC. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined and become the leader in the narrative idle gaming space, writing the playbook on LiveOps in the process. Our huge IPs serve a traditionally underserved audience globally… And we’re just getting started!
Community is everything here. We put people at the core of what we do. Our games and our team have the same goal; to be inclusive and for everyone. We get sh*t done and our team is on hand to step in, listen, and support, regardless of rank. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share refreshments with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits! We note that our culture is not a monolith, and is ever-changing based on the folks holding space at East Side Games.
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equitable employer that values justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of marginalized backgrounds, particularly QTBIPOC folks, to apply, and will acknowledge and value the strengths you bring to foster yours and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like something you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together.