Medical Officer, Population Health
If you are an experienced leader who excels at working collaboratively with senior leadership, colleagues and staff, this may be the opportunity for you. In this role, you would be providing a centralized and strategic focus to promote and protect the health and wellness of BC First Nation peoples and communities. Also, the successful candidate willoperate as a subject matter expert (SME) on health policy and population and public health in a First Nations context and as a champion for the First Nations philosophy and approach to population and public health. The broad areas of leadership for this position are Population Health, Health and Wellness Promotion, Environmental Health, Health Surveillance and Communicable Disease and Management.
Education & Experience
- A Medical Degree recognized in Canada
- Eligible for a license to practice medicine in BC, in good standing with the relative regulatory body
- Significant, recent and relevant medical practice experience (3+ years)
- Significant, recent and relevant medical practice in an Aboriginal or Indigenous setting is an asset •
What you can expect from us?
- Joining our family means joining an organization that supports personal growth, in-house training, a paid volunteer day and a unique full-day orientation program.
- Leading with culture, all FNHA employees complete San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training. We support our family to be leaders in wellness and all staff members develop a yearly wellness plan as part of their performance partnership and goal-setting.
- FNHA offers competitive salary, pension, extended health benefits and employee supports for mental wellness including an EAP and cultural supports.
Please include “Self-Identified”, if you are voluntarily identifying yourself as First Nations or Aboriginal.