Mentored Office/ Education Assistant
Kanaka Bar Indian Band (Kanaka) is seeking a Mentored Office assistant that will assist the CEO-Programs & Services (CEO Blue) and the Education department. Reporting is to CEO Blue. The job requires an applicant who can work in the evenings a few days out of the week to host events and one on one tutoring.
The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting with office duties, community engagement, and tutoring from start date up to March 31, 2021. Main activities will include assisting with day to day office activities for the CEO, helping host events (virtually or for one household at a time), and will be asked to tutor students. This is a full-time position (Monday to Friday) for which the applicant will receive a rate of $17 per hour.
Kanaka is seeking a responsible and personable person who can engage with staff, community, and students.
More specifically the duties will include:
• Assist CEO Blue with various administrative duties
• Create advertisement and posters and circulate for events or educational updates
• Respectfully engage with members, leaders, and staff.
• Communicate with parents/guardians about students learning needs
• Assisting students with homework, projects, test preparation, papers, research, and other academic tasks
• Working with students to help them understand key concepts, especially those learned in the classroom
• Providing students positive and constructive feedback
• Communicate with school staff and advocate for students
• Host educational events including traditional learning
• File documents and uploading documents to the server
• Answering phone calls when needed
• Partake in necessary training workshops