Traffic Control Person (TCP)
The Universal Group is a full-service company committed to providing outstanding service and competitive pricing in industries such as construction, industrial projects, property management, film, municipal work, event support and utilities. Our support services are tailored to specific needs creating best in class customer value. We are industry leaders in Traffic Control Personnel, Traffic Management Planning, Traffic supplies, Occupational Health and Safety Training, Landscaping, and Staffing services. We offer an entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for job advancement and continued education.
Alliance Traffic, a division of The Universal Group is looking for TCP's in Kamloops to join the team. We are the INDUSTRY leader in traffic control. Honest, experienced and locally based owners offer you multiple support departments to ensure you are safe and treated fairly. We are COR certified and well respected, which means we were awarded the City of Kelowna and other significant paving, construction and infrastructure contracts to keep you working.
We are experiencing exciting new growth with our recent merger and we are looking for passionate and driven individuals to join our continuously growing company!
Call now and qualify for a signing bonus of up to $400!
To get your TCP Certification, call us! It only takes 2 days!
If this opportunity excites you and you feel this could be the role for you, we invite you to take the first step and complete this short assessment https://assessments.talentclick.com/s3/UG-TCP?g=UGT002. Once completed please click on the APPLY NOW button to submit your application and one of our Recruiters will get in touch with you!
The PERKS of being a Traffic Control Person (TCP) with Us:
• You are appreciated
• You are trusted to successfully keep people safe; pedestrians, cyclists, BIG trucks and car drivers
• You are usually in the “heart” of the action
• People rely on you to be calm headed, keep them safe, and reliable
• We provide supportive and consistent mentorship as part of our intensive training program
• You are on-call every day; never boring! The opportunity to make over-time money is huge!
• You are outside in the great open space of Beautiful British Columbia every day; rain or shine.
• You get to travel all over! (you are responsible for reliable transportation to and from job sites)
• Union membership after a probationary period passed. This includes benefits and generous vacation pay.
• Great “union” wages!
• Ability to progress in a fulfilling career as part of a large company with many opportunities
• Industry respected training available (see our website at https://www.theuniversalgroup.ca/training-programs/for details (scroll down to “Traffic Control” to view all the options)
• You will be required to hold a valid BCCSA Traffic Control Person TICKET
• You will be required to provide your own 6-inch upper steel-toed boots
• You must have a cell phone with texting abilities
• You must have your own vehicle or mode of transportation
• You must be legally able to work in Canada
• Work permit accepted