The Nanoose First Nation, of the Snaw-Naw-As People (Lantzville, British Columbia) is a Coast Salish community whose traditional territory is located on the east side of Vancouver Island.
We are recruiting an Accounting Technician whose responsibilities include providing accounting and administrative services to ensure proper financial controls are being maintained, reporting requirements met, and payments processed both correctly and on time to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial administrative operations. The position performs a range of functions such as bi-weekly payroll, receiving and entering payment information, and balancing and summarizing journal, payable and receivable accounts.
This permanent full-time position reports directly to and is accountable to the Financial Controller. Flexibility will be required to meet year-end and audit deadlines.
This is a great opportunity for anyone wishing to build a career in accounting.
Interested applicants are invited to email their resume and cover letter, including salary expectations to Cory Bob at email@example.com
Preference will be given to persons of Aboriginal ancestry.
The closing date for applications is 11:59 P.M. on June 21st 2020.
Education and Experience
• Diploma from a recognized accounting program, and
• Minimum of 2 years recent experience in an accounting position, or
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• Experience with computerized accounting software;
• Experience working with Microsoft Office including creating Excel spreadsheets and Word Documents;
• Experience in full cycle accounting;
• Experience processing payroll;
• Pursuing CPA certification;
• Experience working in a First Nations environment an asset;
• Experience participating in year-end audits an asset;
• Experience working with Xyntax accounting software and GCIMS reporting software and asset.
Position in the Finance and Administration Department are considered positions of trust; therefore, a Criminal Record check will be conducted on all proposed employees.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted