Chief Executive Office
The Nanoose Economic Development Master Limited Partnership (NEDMLP), is seeking a Chief Executive Officer to join our team in Lantzville, British Columbia. The NEDMLP was created in 2017 by the Nanoose (Snaw-naw-as) First Nation to grow opportunities and is tasked with creating, operating and supporting businesses that will be lucrative and environmentally feasible while simultaneously respecting the distinctive traditional values of the Snaw naw as people. The Snaw-naw-as First Nation is a small community of approximately 250 members just north of Nanaimo BC. The NEDMLP is the parent company of several operating businesses, including:
Snaw naw as Market LP – a gas station and convenience store on Highway 19.
Snaw naw as Forest Services LP – A forestry company with a timber licence in the Nanoose Bay area.
Snaw naw as Campground LP – A RV and tent campground operated seasonally in Nanoose Bay.
Snaw naw as Investments LP – A land development and management company.
Snaw naw as Aquaculture LP – An integrated shellfish producer of Manilla clams.
The Board of Directors is seeking a dynamic, values-driven, results oriented CEO to provide leadership and direction to the organization including implementing a long-term strategy, financial management, new business development and oversight of day to day operations. The successful candidate will have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated experience in project management, and an ability to achieve results. They will have an understanding of First Nation and corporate governance and a proven track record of their ability to work with and be accountable to a Board of Directors.
The Chief Executive Officer for NEDC will support the Board of Directors in business development and management. The Chief Executive Officer will maximize financial growth and returns in a manner that respects the values, culture and traditions of the Snaw-naw-as First Nation.
Reporting to the NEDC Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer has the overall responsibility for:
• Leading, directing and managing the day to day operations and administration of NEDC;
• Financial management, strategic planning, and implementation;
• Human Resource and Financial management;
• Team building and staff development;
• Overseeing all NEDC businesses and projects;
• Seeking and managing the funding and implementation for new business opportunities;
• Ensuring positive and productive public relations with the community, SFN, partners and stakeholders.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with partners, government agencies and stakeholders
• Excellent communications skills, demonstrated ability in sharing information and maintaining open and inclusive communication with shareholders, communities, partners
• Demonstrated ability to mentor and build capacity within First Nation community members
• Demonstrated ability in strategic planning and business development
• Demonstrated ability to form effective and healthy partnerships
• Ability to work independently and demonstrated accountability in a senior management position
• Demonstrated ability to oversee sound financial management of a corporation
Education and Experience:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior management position responsible for business development
• A post-secondary degree in business, finance, resource management, or related field of study
• Experience in business planning and project management
Schedule and Compensation:
• This is a full-time contract requiring flexible hours based on workload and schedules. Remuneration will be based on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
• Salary for this position is $120,000 per annum;
• Must be available to work flexible hours (night/day/weekend) depending on scheduling needs.
• Required to have a valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle given that there will be travel to various local locations;
• Satisfactory completion of Background and Criminal Record Check will be required.
209 Mallard way
NEDC is the independent, for-profit, business investment vehicle for the shareholders of the Snaw-naw-as First Nation.
Qualified applicants will need to submit a resume with references on or before the Closing Date: April 30, 2019
Please reference the Competition No.: NED2019-05 in the subject line of your email when submitting your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Your cover letter should clearly identify how you have the knowledge, skills and experience to be successful in this position.
NEDMLP thanks all applicants for their interest in working with us however only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.