Chief Executive Officer
- Are you a senior management professional who wants to live, work, and play in the beautiful Gold River Region of Vancouver Island?
- Take on this opportunity to apply and build your skills and receive a competitive salary based on skills and experience.
- Use your leadership skills and experience to make a lasting difference to Mowachaht / Muchalaht First Nation.
About the Organization
The Mowachaht/Muchalaht First Nation is taking the lead on recruiting a Chief Executive Officer to develop and lead our new economic development company.
The Mowachaht/Muchalaht First Nation is located in scenic Gold River, and is a member nation of the Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council which spans all Nuu-chah-nulth-aht peoples. The Mowachaht are originally from Yuquot on Nootka Sound, known as Friendly Cove.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a strategically-minded Chief Executive Officer on a full-time basis to help us establish and then to subsequently lead our new economic development corporation.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for the initial transition period during the establishment of one umbrella organization under which all Mowachaht/Muchalaht First Nation business interests will reside. This will include naming the organization, hiring skilled individuals to support the organization's growth, and developing a robust business plan. The overall goal of the organization will be attracting new business activity as well as supporting the retention and development of existing businesses. Our current businesses cover the tourism, marine services, and fishing industries.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Setting up a board of directors.
- Developing, presenting, and managing the annual business plan and budget required to reach organizational goals and targets.
- Providing oversight, direction, and management of the labour force development and productivity programs of the organization.
- Leading the creation of a marketing strategy.
- Managing a team as well as conducting staff performance reviews.
- Establishing and maintaining contacts and relationships with senior business executives, specifically those in tourism, marine services, and fishing.
- Providing or coordinating activities that support clients to achieve their investment and strategic goals.
- Initiating, developing, executing, monitoring, and evaluating programs that provide value-added opportunities to the community for further economic development.
- Developing strategies for business investment, reinvestment, and development.
- Identifying, acting as a catalyst for, and mobilizing resources to capture opportunities for new economic investment.
- Maintaining a clear understanding of the business community and key influencers of business investment.
- Developing key partnerships and relationships that support the organization's programs and initiatives.
- Identifying, measuring, and communicating through appropriate channels the results of achieving the organization's objectives.
In order to qualify for this role, you will need a degree in commerce, business administration, or similar along with experience setting up a new successful organization or managing an organization. Experience with HR management and financial management is required as is experience working with a First Nation community or organization. An acceptable combination of experience, education, and training will also be considered.
Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills are essential. As a reliable, respectful and assertive leader, you will focus on building strong working relationships with all staff, while upholding and enforcing internal policies and procedures, as required. Above all, you will be a community-oriented and approachable professional with strong leadership skills.
This is your chance to make a difference while establishing and growing a brand new organization!
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary that is commensurate with your skills, experience, and qualifications.
There will be options to develop benefits for this organization as is required in order to attract highly skilled individuals to work with us. While the decision over which benefits to implement is your decision to make such benefits could include medical, RSP matching, increased vacation, and performance-related bonuses. However, to begin with you will be able to avail of relocation assistance.
Don't miss this unique opportunity. APPLY TODAY!