Director of Pharmacy
Director of Pharmacy (Metro Vancouver, BC)
Join the Health Benefits team as a Director of Pharmacy. In this role you will develop and implement strategies with the pharmacy program to improve health outcomes of First Nations individuals, families and communities. This position leads drug plan (Plan W) formulary management, maintains partnerships within the healthcare system, conducts analysis and interpretation of drug utilization and provides pharmaceutical expertise for First Nations communities, partners, service providers, health care professionals and First Nations Health Authority employees. If you are interested in continuing to make a difference within FNHA through Pharmacy, this may be the role for you!
A few key responsibilities include:
• Leads discussions with Health Benefit Program partners (Ministry of Health and Pacific Blue Cross) to manage FNHA formulary listings and to inform policies and influence educations related to prescribing and/or dispensing practices.
• Provides leadership, oversight and decision making for benefit management and operational processes related to the HB's pharmacy benefits.
• Develops and analyzes drug utilization and claiming trends and makes strategic recommendations to the senior executive and management team.
To be successful in this role, you will need
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy and a minimum of 5 to 7 years of related experience with responsibilities for setting strategies in a management level role and liaising with First Nations communities and First Nations Nursing Services, or a combination of acceptable education and experience.
• Current registration as a Pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
The First Nations Health Authority is committed to respecting diversity within our workforce. We specifically seek to increase the number of First Nations and Indigenous employees in our organization.
For more position details and information about us, please visit Careers (fnha.ca)
Please be informed that due to quantity of applicants, we are not in a position to provide application updates. Only applicants shortlisted will be contacted. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.