About Tsi Del Del Development Corporation
The Tsi Del Del Development Corporation was formed in 2013 and is solely owned by the Alexis Creek First Nation. Our current business initiatives under the corporation include the Tsi Del Del Timber Development, the Redstone Gas Bar/Convenience Store, and the Tsi Del Del Energy Drink Ltd.
Tsi Del Del Development Corporation has recently undergone a strategic organizational transformation and is now led by a board of 5 directors with varying skill sets and responsibilities. Thanks to this transformation we're now ready to take the next step in developing our corporation and generating revenue for the Alexis Creek First Nation.
About the Community and Chilanko Forks
The Alexis Creek First Nation (Tŝideldel) is located in Chilanko Forks, BC which is 177km west of Williams Lake on Highway 20. The Nengayni Deni "First Nations People" of Tŝideldel (Redstone) are part of the Tsilhqot'in Nation.
Today we are a small, semi-rural community with a population of about 700 of which approximately 240 members live on the reserve. Many people of Tŝideldel have families, work, attend school, play sports, and actively pass on Tsilhqot'in culture and knowledge to the youth. In terms of past times many still love to go out hunting, fishing, craft making, drumming, singing, and playing Lehal while living amongst breathtaking natural beauty.
About the Opportunity
Currently, the Tsi Del Del Development Corporation is searching for an experienced General Manager to lead our Development Corporation based in Chilanko Forks, BC on a full-time basis.
As our new General Manager, your primary responsibility will be to utilize innovative business practices that incorporate Aboriginal values, knowledge, and public involvement in order to provide increased revenue and enhance employment opportunities while ensuring environmental, economic, and social sustainability.
While no two days in this highly strategic role will ever be the same, your more typical responsibilities will include:
- Leading and managing the entire business on a day to day basis by ensuring the continued development, growth, and execution of the Tsi Del Del Development Corporation's vision, value proposition, business plan, and culture.
- Building a focused business development and go to market strategy in order to support existing business ventures which will penetrate key markets and support overall growth.
- Acting as the primary interface with key customers, investors, partners, government ministries, First Nations, Tribal Councils, and other significant First Nation organizations.
- Evaluating potential businesses, joint ventures, acquisitions, affiliations, and any business agreements as vehicles for the potential growth of the Corporation.
- Working to maximize shareholder's value by driving the positive financial, sales, and operational performances of the Corporation.
- Providing leadership, drive, momentum, and inspiration to the business, the employees, and the community the business serves.
- Communicating effectively and regularly with the Board of Directors regarding business outcomes and strategy, budgeting, and variance reporting while also interacting with the Corporation's shareholders at the request of the Board.
- Providing strategic leadership that will determine specific market strategies in the Territory and an integrated strategy across the combined businesses.
In order to qualify for this role, you will need at least 7 years of experience in business and financial management along with knowledge of First Nations culture. A degree in Commerce, Business Administration, or another relevant degree such as Management is preferred. Experience working with a First Nations Corporation would be advantageous but is not expected.
As our ideal candidate for this role, you'll join us with an entrepreneurial spirit, a high level of motivation, and both the ability and desire to have a real impact. Your strong analytical and strategic capabilities, proven through your experience bringing products successfully to market, will serve you well as you work to generate revenue within our rural community. Your strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and refined stakeholder management skills will enable you to motivate a diverse team towards success while also encouraging the broader community, from elders to youth, to work in concert towards common goals and objectives.
Above all, you'll be passionate about the work that you do and eager to take on the challenges and opportunities of an exciting executive leadership position.
About the Benefits
As recognition for all your hard work and determination, you can look forward to a competitive annual salary, plus the following:
- Extended health and dental benefits package.
- Pension plan.
- Relocation assistance.
- 2 weeks vacation or negotiable (plus 2 weeks at Christmas)
- Community activities every month such as the Redstone Rodeo and the Annual Community Gathering.
This is your chance to make a change in a dynamic and growing work environment where you will have the opportunity to implement processes in order to streamline the organization as a whole.
If you share our values and have the skills necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!