Human Resources Advisor
- Use your recruitment, health and safety as well as human resources experience to make a significant and lasting difference to Vancouver’s Aboriginal community
- Receive an attractive salary of between $67,860 - $77,432 plus a comprehensive benefits package
- Challenging and rewarding role with membership in the Public Service Pension Plan
About the Organization
Vancouver Aboriginal Child and Family Services Society (VACFSS) is a non-profit society providing service to urban Indigenous children and families living in the Greater Vancouver area.
At VACFSS, our vision is a balanced and harmonious Aboriginal community and our mission is to provide holistic service delivery that culturally and spiritually strengthens Aboriginal families.
VACFSS works to strengthen the community through its collaborative nature, often partnering with other service providers and members of the community. The Society aims to honour the traditions of Aboriginal people in BC, and continues to focus on improving the outcomes for the children and families it serves.
To learn more about VACFSS, please visit www.vacfss.com
About the Opportunity
VACFSS has an exciting opportunity for a full-time HR Advisor to join our team in Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources and Communication, you will be a member of the Human Resources team providing services to approximately 150 staff across three Vancouver locations.
Specifically, your main function will be to coordinate the recruitment and selection tasks for bargaining unit and excluded staff internally and externally to the Agency. In addition, you will be assigned HR functions that may fall within the scope of your education, training, and experience.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Full-cycle recruiting
- Developing, writing, and implementing HR policies and procedures with respect to recruitment and selection.
- Writing and evaluating job descriptions.
- Requesting performance appraisals for competition purposes.
- Participating in job evaluation including the researching and writing of job descriptions.
- Carrying out salary projections and salary assignments.
- Generating and maintaining a candidate pool using job boards, planning, and social media.
- Participating in labour relations processes.
- Coordinating the Occupational, Health and Safety program across the agency.
For this role, you will have a BA or BBA with a human resources major or a relevant degree with a human resources specialization combined with 2 years of human resources experience within a unionized environment with a minimum 2 years of experience with recruitment and selection. A valid BC Driver's License and access to a safe, reliable vehicle is also required.
The successful candidate will be required to have a CPHR designation or eligibility or progression toward.
Along with a comprehensive knowledge of all human resources functions, you will have a practical understanding of all relevant legislation including Human Rights legislation, the Labour Relations Code, the Employment Standards Act and Workers Compensation Act. You will also have experience in a unionized environment in interpreting and applying Collective Agreements.
Our ideal candidate will be able to effectively develop and understand relationships across the Agency as well as with other groups, agencies or organizations. You have the ability to recognize who the key decision makers are and predict how news events or situations will affect all stakeholders.
In addition, the ideal candidate will also have the ability to:
- Seek improved individual and organizational performance and results
- Manage your own performance based on external feedback and self–assessment
- Clearly articulate and demonstrate Aboriginal culture in all activities relating to VACFSS. Reaffirms the cultural context of Aboriginal people and rights when carrying out duties and responsibilities of a VACFSS employee
- Develop organizational actions, values and services that focus on customer needs.
- Give clients and other agency personnel best efforts to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work effectively and efficiently within financial, human and physical resources.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities for maximum personal and organizational success.
- Use time and resources productively to complete projects that are thorough, within diary dates and meet the required standard
- To be proficient with MS Office and standard office equipment to generate, access, and disseminate information
- Motivate and influence people toward the achievement of goals.
- Have a clear sense of work/career goals.
- Demonstrate and promote organizational values to maintain a positive work environment
- Work collaboratively with all levels of an organization including senior management and executive
- Support planned organizational change by providing input in a constructive fashion
- Analyze and develop appropriate solutions to problems
- Identify problems, conduct background research, and provide recommendations
This role is well suited to a highly organized team player who has effective interpersonal skills, strong technical writing abilities to prepare formal reports and policies and procedures for manuals.
You must be someone who has the ability to influence, with integrity, others toward a desired direction to achieve the organization's mission goals and fostering organizational values.
Preference may be given to qualified Aboriginal applicants as per Section 41 of the Human Rights Code.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your contributions to VACFSS, you will receive a competitive salary of between $67,860 - $77,432 and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, extended health, and dental
- Group life
- 100% employer-paid premiums
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Eligible for the Excluded flex program after passing probation
- Membership in the Public Service Pension Plan
That’s not all. We also offer in-house workshops on time management, personal finance, and conflict resolution. VACFSS also offers a variety of wellness opportunities to staff to assist you in maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
If you're looking for a new career challenge where you will be welcomed into a supportive and friendly team culture, Apply Now!