Instructor, Programming and Web Development
The First Nations Technology Council is seeking an Instructor, Programming and Web Development for a 6-week course delivered online through Zoom.
This is an exciting instructional opportunity for a trained and innovative Instructor. Reporting directly to and working closely with the Manager, Curriculum, the Programming and Web Development Instructor will have the opportunity to deliver technology skills training to Indigenous learners across the province.
Previous experience working in Indigenous education or with Indigenous organizations or communities is considered an asset.
About the First Nations Technology Council
The First Nations Technology Council is an Indigenous-led organization that serves all 203 First Nations communities across British Columbia, working to ensure that Indigenous peoples have full and equitable access to the tools, training and support to maximize the opportunities presented by technology and innovation. The Technology Council sees the strengthening of local Indigenous economies and the empowering of Indigenous innovators as contributing to Indigenous self-determination and nationhood.
About the Role
Position start date and details:
• Contract dates: July 27 – September 18, 2020 (inclusive of Instructor on-boarding/off-boarding)
• Core dates: August 4 – September 11, 2020.
• Instruct Focus Web Dev in six-week module deliveries (30 contact hours per week) in an online delivery format (using Zoom).
• Deliver pre-packaged curriculum
• Implement Best Practices for Indigenous adult online education.
• Provide virtual office hours for student learning support.
• Support and inspire Indigenous technology skill students on their educational journey.
• Prepare students to enter the Futures Program level of education for Web Development and Web Coding
• Participate in instructor onboarding and training
• 3- 5 years’ experience in Web Development Programming
• A programming diploma or equivalent working knowledge of modern Programming concepts (OOP/Functional/Library/API including EcoSystem knowledge ie: Node, NPM, SPA’s, CLI )
• Experience working in Indigenous Adult Education and familiarity with best practices (PIDP is an asset)
• This position reports directly to the Manager, Curriculum, Skills Development Division.
• During the COVID-19 pandemic, all staff are working remotely until further notice. This 8-week contract position will be a remote working position and will adhere to the Technology Council’s Temporary Work From Home Policy.