Recycling Outreach Assistant, First Nations
Short-Term Contract: May – September, 2020
If you are interested in recycling operations and have related experience, the Recycle BC team is looking for a self-motivated candidate with strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills to support education and outreach related to recycling within Indigenous communities around BC.
Reporting to the Manager, Special Projects, this role will help to expand recycling education and outreach, increase awareness of Recycle BC, and support existing collector activities. This is an independent role which requires the ability to prioritize and coordinate on a continuous basis, with a high level of accountability expected.
- Plan, coordinate and present education sessions throughout the Indigenous Recycle BC collector network.
- Promote the Recycle BC household paper and packaging recycling program at public and Indigenous community events.
- Support other program operational activities.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience interacting with the public, preferably in a position providing information or guidance.
- Ability to work independently, take accountability, prioritize tasks and be self-managed.
- Knowledge of community engagement and demonstrated ability in developing partnerships with Indigenous communities and organizations.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills required.
- Education related to indigenous studies, environmental studies, sustainability, or a related field would be preferred.
- Comfort and familiarity with MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Experience in packaging and paper recycling or a related field, event planning, project coordination or related roles is beneficial but not necessary.
- Requirement to travel throughout BC for short-term stays; A valid BC driver’s license and access to a vehicle in good working condition is required.
Recycle BC - Who We Are:
Recycle BC is a not-for-profit organization responsible for household packaging and paper recycling throughout British Columbia. Recycle BC ensures packaging and paper is collected from households and recycling depots, sorted and recycled responsibly. The Recycle BC program is funded by businesses, like retailers, manufacturers and restaurants that supply packaging and paper product to BC residents, to shift recycling costs away from home owners. Learn more at RecycleBC.ca
Please send a cover letter and resume demonstrating why you would be a great fit for our team to email@example.com by March 20, 2020.
Please indicate clearly in the subject line “Recycling Outreach Assistant, First Nations’. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Recycle BC is an equal opportunity employer.