WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
Tracking opportunities is all about exploring what can be done with the resources in your territory so that you are doing the best with what you have around you. Depending on the capacity of your team, it may be an economic development officer that is doing the tracking and recording of opportunities or it may be a specific department within an economic development corporation.
WHAT IS TRACKING?
Tracking is doing your research and finding out what possibilities exist. It’s about being proactive. It’s about being thorough. This is when you look at potential projects with an eye on cultural, environmental and social considerations.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER
- What resources will be explored and validated?
- What system is in place for the collection of data?
- How are results being communicated?
- How are you managing your information?
- What technologies will be considered?
- Are the market conditions right to make another move forward?
- What permits are required?